Thursday 9 February 2012

Brisbane to Townsville – 6 Feb


Once Greg organized himself for his first meeting of the day at Queensland University of Technology – Calvin Grove campus, I set about reorganizing and packing the suitcases once I updated the blog.  During this busy morning, there was an unexpected knock at the door.  It was Greg, who between meetings while succumbing to the extreme and drenching through his shirt, decided to leave his jacket behind and change shirts.  Then off he went for his second meeting at Queensland University of Technology – Garden campus. 
I checked out at noon and made my way down to Central Botanical Gardens to spend the afternoon in the shade reading “name of book”, snacking, and keeping hydrated.  It was terribly hot, but I managed to remain comfortable.  Just shortly after 3pm, I made my way back to the hotel stopping at the Queen Street indoor mall for a cup of tea along the way.  Ahhhhh, I enjoyed a lovely air-conditioned tea room to quench my craving for tea and cool me down.
We met up as planned back at the Rendezvous Hotel, then headed to Central Station where we caught an express “airtrain” to the airport.   Checking in was a challenge because the suitcases were too heavy.  So we reduced the weight by removing our hiking boots and Inuksuk gifts.  Greg used my “bingo” purse to cart around the hikers and I added the Inuksuks to my back pack.  With plenty of time to spare, we enjoyed an oversized Caesar salad for dinner before our flight was called.
Tom was at the Townsville airport to greet us and we chatted for a bit before turning in.  Jennie is on a long road to recovery from last summer’s surgery.  Ruth, 13 and Nancy, 11 were already in bed when we arrived.  Ruth is graciously giving up her basement room for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment